week 7 - Contact businesses

As I brainstormed on who to contact I thought of two close family friends who have their own business. I also wanted to look into contacting a non for profit which could use some help with marketing. 

Person 1: My childhood friend owns his cleaning business where he offers both residential and commercial cleaning. After he lost his job due to covid he started his own business which in the last 6 months has grown tremendously. Most of his advertising has been done on social media. However, he also spent a great amount of time passing out flyers to different residential areas and businesses. I contacted him on Monday, October 11, we discussed how his business was going and I mentioned my school project. He was highly interested in my working on an infographics for his business. I mentioned I had a couple other people to contact but I would get back to him if I decided to work on his. 

Person 2: My brothers ex-wife works a full time job and also has a bakery business which she runs out of her home on the weekends. Her cakes speak for themselves and most of her orders are from referrals from previous customers. I called her on Tuesday, October 12, I mentioned my project and although she seemed intrigued she mentioned she was totally overwhelmed by orders and due to lack of space and help she could not handle many more orders than what she current has. I did not feel like this was a good candidate for me to create an infographic. 

Person 3: My last call was a women named Sarah who volunteers at Morning Star Mission. This non for profit helps people of all genders and ages get back on her feet. They offer many different programs and also provide shelter for those who need it. This shelter is a Christian based, however they work as a non-denominational organization and offer their services to the entire community. Sarah who volunteers part-time for Morning Star mentioned most of their clients are brought in or refereed by other agencies, however they always welcome walk-ins. I asked her if their was a person I could speak to about creating an infographics for this non for profit and she said it would be difficult to get someone to take this call during this time since most of the people were either volunteers or very busy. 

At this time time I am not sure who I will be creating an infographics for my end of semester project. I hope to make a decision quickly in order for me to get started and start writing down ideas. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16 - FINAL WEEK AI & INFOGRAPHICS

Week 13 - AI

Week 14 - WHAT IS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE?